Not strictly for vegans, these recipes will appeal to everyone who wants to include more plant-based meals in their diets. As a certified health coach, Sapana ensures that each bowl contains a balance of healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, and proteins—plus the yum factor! The recipes in this book honor Sapana's common-sense philosophy for good health: eat real (food) and live well, and you will feel vibrant. Recipes are arranged seasonally so you can make the most of your area's local bounty and eat fresh throughout the year, including offerings such as:
• Shaved Asparagus & Barley Bowl
• Roasted Beet & Orange Bowl with a Pistachio-Lemon Dressing
• Watermelon Poke with Spicy Siracha Dressing
• Curried Cauliflower Bowl served with a Cilantro Chutney
• Warming Chickpea Coconut Curry Bowl
• White Bean & Crispy Rosemary Potato Bowl
• Coconut Chia Pudding Bowl with Caramelized Bananas
• Rosewater Bliss Ball & Yogurt Bowl
• Coconut-milk-based ice creams, such as Blackberry-Lavender, Ash-Lemon, and Chocolate-Tahini Fudge.
Sapana Chandra is a plant-based, professional cook, social media influencer, and holistic health coach. She launched Real + Vibrant in 2016 after healing herself from chronic illness.
Real + Vibrant is a growing healthy-lifestyle business where Sapana teaches how to cook simple, delicious, mostly plant-based meals.
She has been featured in Elephant Journal, Clean Eating, Thrive, and Mantra Yoga + Health and her photos have been featured in Whole Foods, Food52, Cooking Light, SELF, and mindbodygreen, among others. She lives in Seattle, WA.