You don’t have to live down south to enjoy some of your favorite Louisiana and New Orleans-inspired delicacies! This is a cookbook that draws inspiration from classic recipes down in the bayou and transforms them into modern-day dishes for all to enjoy. With a touch of nostalgia and using fresh ingredients that can be found anywhere, all are easy enough for anyone to make at home.
- Shrimp étouffée stuffed potatoes
- Crawfish butternut squash mac n’ cheese
- Fried green tomato BLTs with caramelized onion remoulade
- Smoky bacon and crawfish flatbread
- Chicken and andouille sausage gumbo with fried okra dippers
- Muffuletta sliders
- Pecan praline cinnamon rolls
- Mango bourbon smash
- So many more!
Leigh Ann Chatagnier is the founder of food & lifestyle blog My Diary of Us and author of Natural Baby & Toddler Treats: Homemade, Nourishing Recipes for Baby and Beyond.
Cooking has always been a part of her life, and she has always enjoyed creating recipes around fresh, not processed, foods.
When her son was born, she knew she wanted to start him off on this healthy path as soon as possible! Leigh Ann lives with her husband and son in Houston, Texas.