Plants have superpowers. They can fill your stomach, fuel your workouts, and even extend your life. But for some people, a plant-based diet might seem stressful, especially if they believe the “experts” who tell us to eat only plants. Not true.
Smart plant-based diets are nutritious and delicious and still make room for meat, fish, dairy and eggs. In fact, they aren’t diets at all, but blueprints for a lifetime of eating well. The recipes and simple guidelines in Men’s Health Plant-Based Eating, devised with help from some of the most brilliant minds in nutrition, will help you harness the full powers of plants.
Inside you’ll find:
• Five simple steps to start eating plant-based meals
• 100+ filling and flavorful recipes
• The top 15 plant-based protein sources. You’ll never guess the plant that offers a whooping 19 grams per ½ cup. Hint: It’s NOT tofu.
• Plant-based shakes that help you build muscle fast
• Six amazing grains for weight loss
• A foreword by Brian St. Pierre RD, CSCS and a comprehensive introduction by Paul Kita, food and nutrition editor for Men’s Health
• Vibrant color photos and complete nutrition information with every recipe
• Lie-flat binding for easy use
With this cookbook, you’ll learn how to make dozens of hearty, delicious meals so you can add muscle, defend against disease, maintain a healthy weight, and unleash a ton of energy.
Men’s Health is the go-to source for men seeking the latest and most credible information on health, fitness, style, nutrition, relationships, travel, gear, tech and finance.
It’s the largest and most trusted multiplatform men’s brand in the world with a growing monthly audience of 13.44 million, 21 million monthly unique visitors to menshealth.com, 15.4 million social media followers. There are 27 editions of Men’s Health in 35 countries.