- Author has a nationally syndicated cable television show Jazzy Vegetarian
- 200+ full-color photographs of recipes
- Comprehensive nutritional information for each recipe, compiled by registered dietitian, Mitali Shah-Bixby, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN
- Expert nutritional guidance for vegans from Julieanna Hever, MS, RD, CPT
- Endorsed by bestselling author Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D.
- Jazzy Vegetarian is a three time, Taste award-winning plant-based television series. The cooking series premiered nationally on public television in 2011, and has been available on stations reaching over 90% of US HH.
In this comprehensive cookbook, Laura Theodore, the award-winning host of public television's Jazzy Vegetarian, brings us full menu plans, shopping lists, and over 130 delicious, quick-and-easy vegan recipes, each complete with nutritional analysis. Enhanced by over 200 full-color photographs, each recipe is ranked with an Ease-Factor to make it easy to choose dishes that fit into any busy schedule.
HIGHLIGHTS OF LAURA THEODORE'S VEGAN-EASE:
- Large full-color photographs of recipes
- Comprehensive nutritional information for each recipe
- Expert nutritional guidance for vegans
- Ease-Factor ranking for each recipe helps you plan your meals to fit your schedule
- Colorful, well laid-out presentation and comprehensive index
- Many recipes with five ingredients or less
- Full chapter devoted to stress-free holiday recipes
- Twelve full menu plans for any occasion, featuring recipes from the book
- Basic shopping lists to help cut costs at the grocery store
- Helpful cooking and lifestyle tips throughout the book
- Recipes range from lighter fare to hearty and satisfying
- Two chapters devoted to healthy, easy-to-prepare desserts and sweet treats
- Foreword by Mainstreet Vegan author, Victoria Moran
"Laura Theodore's Vegan-Ease is a fantastic resource for anyone who wants to eat delicious food and get healthy. If you think that nutrition, taste-factor, and ease can't all come in one package when it comes to food, this book will cause you to think again. Don't miss out on an opportunity to read and use this great book!"
- Neal Barnard, M.D., President, Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
Laura Theodore is an award-winning public television personality and host of the Jazzy Vegetarian, presently available in 88% of US households. She is a vegan chef, radio host, jazz singer, and the author of Jazzy Vegetarian Classics and Jazzy Vegetarian, and Vegan for Everyone.
In 2014, Laura was honored with a "Special Achievement Taste-Award" along with the likes of Martha Stewart and Emeril; she has also been recognized by VegNews magazine with a "Totally Tubular Veggie Award." Laura hosts the popular podcast radio show, Jazzy Vegetarian Radio, now in its 7th year, and has appeared on every major TV network.
She writes a weekly food column for Mother Earth Living and has been featured in many highly respected news, food and lifestyle-related journals. A critically acclaimed jazz singer and songwriter her CD, Tonight's the Night, received a "Musician Magazine Award." Laura has appeared in many plays and musicals, including the Off Broadway hit show Beehive, earning her a coveted "Backstage Bistro Award" and was honored with the Denver Critics Drama Circle Award as "Best Actress in a Musical" for her starring role as Janis Joplin in the world premiere production of Love, Janis. Laura lives in Spartanburg, SC