Professional chef, TV personality and working mom of three kids, Katie Chin shows you how easy it is to prepare new and exciting meals from many cultures. Discover comfort food from around the world, and add some international flair to your dinner table.
In addition to providing simple recipes for every meal and occasion, Katie includes sidebars explaining how her recipes can be adapted for vegetarians, vegans and those with food allergies—and how to add fresh new flavors to kids' lunches. From "meatless Mondays" to "taco Tuesdays," the recipes in this book include something for everyone!
Bring the unforgettable flavors of the world to your table through 170 recipes including:
- Seven Global Go-To Sauces
- Mexican Chimichurri Chicken Burgers
- Thai Curry Meatball Subs
- Cuban Fish Tacos with Citrus Mango Slaw
- Easy Pad Thai Noodles
- Chicken Tikka Masala Pizza
- Crispy Korean Chicken Sliders
- And so much more!
This cookbook also provides great ideas for celebrating cultures through food:
- Chinese New Year's Dinner—featuring TV personality Jeannie Mai (The Real) and with recipes provided by her mom, Mama Mai
- Greek Easter Dinner—with recipes provided by TV personality and lifestyle expert Debbie Matenopoulos (The Home & Family Show)
- Cinco de Mayo Celebrations—with recipes provided by cookbook author and celebrity chef Jeffrey Saad
- Hanukkah Dinner—with recipes provided by Faye Levy, a prolific cookbook author and lead cooking columnist for the Jerusalem Post
Katie learned to cook alongside her mother, and it's now an experience she loves to share with her daughter. She hopes to inspire other families to have fun in the kitchen together with these recipes everyone will love!
Katie Chin is a caterer, award-winning cookbook author, television chef and food blogger who grew up working in the kitchens of her late mother, Leeann Chin's award-winning Minneapolis-area restaurants. Katie co-hosted the national PBS cooking series Double Happiness in conjunction with her mother, and together they wrote Everyday Chinese Cooking (Clarkson Potter, 2000).
On her own, Katie wrote 300 Best Rice Cooker Recipes and the award-winning bestsellers Everyday Thai Cooking and Katie Chin's Everyday Chinese Cookbook. Katie is recognized as a pan-Asian cooking expert and has been featured in many food and lifestyle magazines and has made numerous appearances on national television and as a guest judge on Food Network's Iron Chef America. She appeared as a chef contestant on Cutthroat Kitchen and Beat Bobby Flay.
Katie divides her time running her businesses, posting recipes to her blog, shooting cooking videos for her YouTube channel, throwing karaoke dinner parties, and caring for her teenage stepdaughter Kyla and twins, Dylan and Becca.
Recently, Katie and her kids teamed up for the online series Cooped Up Cooking With Katie—meant to inspire people stuck at home during COVID-19 to get creative in the kitchen. Katie lives in Encino, California with her family.