• By the same author of the bestselling Creative Baking: Macarons, Creative Baking: Macaron Basics and co-author
• of Creative Baking: Chiffon Cakes
• Features a wide range of designs for different occasions and preferences• Includes fully illustrated step-by-step instructions for putting together each choux pastry design
• Includes a comprehensive collection
• of choux pastry fillings with options for sweet fillings and savoury fillings
• Techniques can be used on their own
• or combined with other techniques to create more elaborate designs
• Includes a section on frequently asked questions to provide tips on making perfect decorated choux pastries
Light, airy and crisp, cream puffs or profiteroles are a favourite the world over. Typically filled with chilled vanilla pastry cream, they make a delicious treat for any occasion. And with some know-how and lots of creativity, creative baker Tan Phay Shing has taken the golden puffs to new heights. In this book, she shares her recipes and techniques to making choux pastry, and shows how you can pipe, decorate and assemble the choux to create different designs to suit any occasion. Complete with printable templates, illustrated step-by-step instructions and video links, Creative Baking: Deco Choux Pastries will enable you to start creating these irresistible treats in no time!
Tan Phay Shing holds a postgraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and worked in engineering research before she chose to stay at home to spend time with her children.
However, her experiments did not end when she left the lab. She continues to conduct experiments, albeit of a different kind, in her home kitchen, where she bakes creative macarons, cookies and chiffon cakes.Phay Shing shares a blog, LovingCreations4U, with Susanne Ng, author of Creative Baking: Chiffon Cakes, Creative Baking: Deco Chiffon Cakes and Creative Baking: Deco Chiffon Cake Basics, where they delight readers with their unique creations.