"A treasury for anyone who loves good food and great beer! Highly recommended."
--Midwest Book Review
What better way to master the art of pairing beer with food than by tasting?
Chef and beer sommelier Tonia Wilson provides the information needed to understand how aroma, flavor, and texture affect the interactions of beer and food. The book describes 35 different beer styles and pairs each with a seasonal recipe, together with an explanation of why the beer works with the dish. The elegant, yet simple recipes allow you to experience the food alongside the beer, enabling a full appreciation and understanding. In addition to being a great learning tool, Beer at My Table is a beautiful cookbook that encourages a love of beer and recognizes its place at the table.
Some of the beer pairings offered are:
- California Common beer with Thai Red Curry Mussels with Coconut Milk
- American Pale Ale with Roasted Cod with Mango Pickle
- Gluten-Free beer with Seared Halloumi with Lentils, Peaches, and Pomegranate
- India Pale Ale with Roasted Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Brown Ale with Seared Ribeye with Stilton, Sage and Hazelnut Butter
- German Pilsner with Cauliflower Soup with Walnut-Parsley Pesto
- Imperial Stout with Three-Cheese Toastie with Plum Jam
- Belgian Strong Ale with Lobster Risotto with Browned Butter and Roasted Squash.
Some of the breweries featured in the book:
- Rochefort from Belgium
- Erdinger from Germany
- Samuel Smith from England
- Founders from the USA
- Left Field Brewery from Canada
- Inveralmond from Scotland
- Anchor Brewing from the USA
- Henderson Brewery from Canada
- Köstritzer from Germany
- Bosteels from Belgium
- Sierra Nevada from the USA
- Pilsner Urquell from the Czech Republic
- Orval from Belgium.